Hello Dance Families,
Well…it has been quite a ride we have all been on, hasn’t it?
The faculty and I have missed our dancers terribly but we are so excited to see everyone soon.
As with school, dance will look quite different this year but at least we can begin to share our mutual passion once again, and that is a reason for celebrating!
As you can imagine…scheduling Fall classes is even more of a nightmare than usual but I am working hard on it!
Please be patient as I iron out the kinks that include staggered start times, smaller classes, disinfecting in between classes, and keeping the same kids with more than one class in "cohorts” so there is less interaction.
Teraina will be in touch as soon as she can after I have completed it, which should be by the end of this week.
Classes begin on Monday, September 14.
If you have not yet registered, or are waiting for the schedule to do so…please do not wait any longer! Classes are filling up more quickly due to the fewer number of dancers who can be in a studio and maintain social distancing. If you know that you will not be coming back this year, please contact her for a credit or a refund.
Teraina will be in the studio this coming Thursday, August 28 from 5-7pm for those who still need to register. Please don’t forget your mask!
Due to the uncertainty of the year, we will not be collecting the $50.00 registration fee/costume deposit.
Fees are frozen at 2019 amounts.
I have attached a waiver form that every family must sign before the dancer can return. You can take a picture and send it via email, or bring it to the studio on the first day of classes.
Below is COVID protocol information that must be read carefully! It explains a great deal about how we are protecting staff, parents, dancers and the community.
I am happy to answer any questions that you may have.
COVID PROTOCOL AND SAFETY MEASURES AT LNDC
HOW WE CAN ALL HELP TO KEEP EACH OTHER SAFE AND HEALTHY AND DOING WHAT WE LOVE!
We are so happy to have you back! I have attempted to explain the new procedures during this crazy time as simply as possible.
All of the staff at LNDC have been working extremely hard to prepare for your return.
I realize that the protocol seems overwhelming but, rest assured, once we get into the groove and the music starts playing…you will have happy dancers!
WHAT WE WILL BE DOING:
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the door upon entrance. A COVID checklist is on the easel so that dancers can read and assess their wellness.
- Floor markers and wall signs have been placed to encourage physical distancing in common areas and dance studios.
- Six foot boxes in different colours are marked out on the floor of each studio to maintain distancing, especially for the "littles” to keep them safe and engaged. Other props such hula hoops and vinyl gym mats will also be used and sanitized between each class.
- Once entering the dance space, teachers will spray the kids’ hands and direct them to a location to put down bags and to move to the dance floor . Once physical activity begins, he/she may remove the mask. The instructor will remain masked as often as possible, especially if they are in close proximity to the dancer for correctional purposes.
- Teachers will continuously monitor social distancing during class both at the barre and in the centre floor.
- Change rooms and lockers will NOT be available at this time.
- Dancers with multiple classes will be placed in "Cohorts” whenever possible by Miss Lisa. They will remain in the same room to avoid unnecessary interaction and teachers will travel to them.
- Each dance space (floor, barres, stereo, door handles, light switches, etc.) will be disinfected in between classes.
- Class sizes are smaller to maintain appropriate physical distancing.
- Staggered start and end times and various entrances and exits will be used to limit contact between classes.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY…YOUR TEACHER WILL INSPIRE AND ELEVATE YOUR CHILD…ALWAYS PUSHING THEM TO REACH FOR MORE…LEAVING THEM SWEATY AND HAPPY WHEN WE RETURN THEM SAFELY INTO YOUR ARMS!
WHAT DANCERS NEED TO DO:
- Once you enter the building, have your mask on and use the hand sanitizer provided.
- Read the COVID checklist on the easel and assess your wellness before entering.
- Be dressed and ready for class and only bring in one bag with necessary belongings such as dance shoes and a water bottle.
- Proceed directly to your dance space without entering change rooms or using lockers. They are closed at this time. Place bags in the designated area and remove masks once physical activity has begun.
- If dancers have back to back classes, they will not be allowed to leave the room but can add or remove shorts, shirts, depending on the class. Convertible tights are recommended if one of their classes is ballet so they can roll them up for the other class.
- Please don’t share water or food with other dancers.
- Try to maintain social distancing at all times in class. Please keep hands off of mirrors at all times and barres unless using them.
- Washrooms are available if necessary and will be sanitized after use.
- When class is over, the teacher will spray your hands with sanitizer, you will put your mask on, and exit the building until next time!
- DANCE! LAUGH! SWEAT! ENJOY YOUR PASSION!
WHAT PARENTS NEED TO DO:
- Please sign the waiver of consent and email it or send it with your child on the first day. No dancer will be allowed in the building without it.
- Please remind your child to social distance, dress them appropriately as change rooms are not open, send them with snacks and a water bottle, and don’t forget their mask!
- No parents will be allowed to enter the building except for one parent of dancers 6 years and under. Masks must be worn at all times and physical distancing must be maintained. Siblings will not be allowed in the building except for extenuating circumstances that must be communicated and cleared by Miss Lisa.
- Please wait with your child until the designated drop off time and see him/her outside the building at the pick up time. Do not arrive early or come late!
- Any parents wishing to pay for classes personally or communicate with Teraina may enter the building with their mask on, use the hand sanitizer provided, and proceed to the office only.
- BREATHE! Remember that this will pass eventually…and you will be able to enjoy the love of dance with your child and the social camaraderie with fellow dance parents once again! You are doing a great job! Take comfort that you are allowing your kid to move and groove and do what they love!
WE WILL TAKE GOOD CARE OF THEM!